KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Action Tracker Case Management: Trying to Reopen linked items

• Action Tracker Case Management: Trying to Reopen linked items

Posted by cj on July 8, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi Techs,

I have been working on Action Trackers and created custom transition analytic which can facilitate transitioning state of the linked items to the same state/queue as of the case. But, I also want to achieve reopening the links if a case is reopened.

Because dxATProgressLinks[] does not work on closed items so I have created another custom transition analytic for reopen. I have tried the following code from the analytic but no success so far:

1) dxATReopenCase[itemID]

2) dxATReopenTransition[itemIDs; trns; Assignee; toMe; Comment]; using IPC to the Gateway process. Breaks the framework

Please let me know what is the best way to achieve this.

cj replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • leahs

July 8, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hello @cj

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question.

Sharing feedback provided by one of our engineers below –

You could try the following:
    • make sure each item to be reopened has a reopen transition in the action tracker definition  https://code.kx.com/platform/stream/actiontracker/#reopen
    • I think links will be persisted even for closed items so you can use dxATGetLinks in your reopen custom transition analytic to get all the linked items https://code.kx.com/platform/stream/actiontracker/#apis
    • In your reopen custom transition analytic use dxATTransitionItem to transition each linked item from it’s closed queue to an open queue via the reopen transition you have defined
    • To see the parameters for dxATTranstionItem transition an item from the UI and look at .pm.querylog on the action tracker process.

We hope this helps!

Happy Coding, 

Leah