KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Academy Advanced Capstone 3.2

• Advanced Capstone 3.2

Posted by danritch on October 27, 2023 at 12:00 am

Does anyone have any tips on loading in the users.txt file i keep just getting the no such file or directory error?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

danritch replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • laura

Administrator
    October 27, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hey Dan,

course-advanced-capstone isn’t the top directory, you’re missing a couple of levels, so if you want to give the full path to the file, you’ll need to start with “/home/jovyan/course-advanced-capstone”.

Alternatively, you can give the relative path from your current directory. If you run pwd, you’ll see the full path to the directory you’re in and you can use “..” to go up one level, and then into “AdvancedCapstone.Data/file/users.txt”

Hope this helps!

Laura

• laura

Administrator

Hi  ,

I would recommend checking what directory you are in, that error usually means you are trying to load the file from a different directory than where it exists.

If you run pwd you can see the working directory you’re in, you may want to use the full path to the users.txt in order to load it. Feel free to send screenshots of your outputs if you need any further help.

Hope this helps,

Laura

• danritch

Hello thanks for the reply, my error output text is “course-advanced-capstone/kxscm/module/AdvancedCapstone.Data/file/users.txt. OS reports: No such file or directory”

and i was trying to load via,

.perm.users: read0 `$”:course-advanced capstone/kxscm/module/AdvancedCapstone.Data/file/users.txt”

is there something i should be doing first?

Thanks Again,

Dan