KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Academy Advanced Capstone 3.6 (Edit:Issue Resolved)

• Advanced Capstone 3.6 (Edit:Issue Resolved)

Posted by nicksansone on April 19, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hello all,

I am working on section 3.6 of the Advanced Capstone but am failing one of the tests- when I run End of Section Testing for section 3, I get a fail for “fiauser can run one function” with the error “pv”.  I am very confused about the meaning of this error as I am able to run the function .fia.getSummaryReport[] without any issues and my .z.pg function is working for all other test cases.  Attempting to run fiaHandle”.fia.getSummaryReport[]” is also throwing the “pv” error into standard error.

My .z.pg function is defined in the process as follows:

I know the conditional is being evaluated correctly as changing the second “value query” to be any type of output and running fiaHandle”.fia.getSummaryReport[]” will return that output.

I have done some further manipulation and found that calling any qSQL statement within a connection handle is throwing this error (even for functional statements).  I have tried restarting the environment and opening KX Developer in a new window, but this has not fixed the issue.

EDIT: I ended up resolving this problem, it was a very easy fix.  Rather than loading each table individually into the remote process (what I did), the database simply needs to be reloaded through the connection handle using “l .”  Ensure that you are loading into the correct file path (I had to change directory down to the “f1” folder).  Hope this helps anyone else who ran into the same issue.

nicksansone replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • leahs

April 20, 2022 at 12:00 am

Thank you for updating the above with the resolution to your problem @NickSansone

Highlighting your fix here for fellow community contributors:

I ended up resolving this problem, it was a very easy fix.  Rather than loading each table individually into the remote process (what I did), the database simply needs to be reloaded through the connection handle using “l .”  Ensure that you are loading into the correct file path (I had to change directory down to the “f1” folder).  Hope this helps anyone else who ran into the same issue.

Great collateral for others

Happy Coding,

Leah