KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums kdb+ Can’t recognise khpun, khp functions…

• Can’t recognise khpun, khp functions…

Posted by hzadonis369 on July 18, 2023 at 12:00 am

I’m using the new kdb package which downlaod from Github(https://github.co/KxSystems/kdb), it has the C API interface to convert data into K type.

While I write code in Visual Studio and try to compile it, there’re error message. Such as: can’t recognize khpun, khp function.

hzadonis369 replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • davidcrossey

July 18, 2023 at 12:00 am

Did you compile your code and link against the c.o object file too? Check out kdb/l64/c.o at master KxSystems/kdb GitHub If you need a different OS binary, check out the directories at the root of the repo.

More info here: C/C++ | Interfaces | kdb+ and q documentation – Kdb+ and q documentation (kx.com)

• hzadonis369

Thanks, My OS is Win10 64bit.

I’m reading the doc(https://code.kx.com/q/wp/capi/#creating-a-simple-list-object) and want to copy sample code into my Visual Studio env. But why I can’t find the “common.h” file?

• davidcrossey

Have you included the k.h header file in your code?

There is a good whitepaper from  using the capi you can follow here

• hzadonis369

Thanks davidcrossey. I had included the k.h in my cpp file.

It seems khpun function in k.h can’t be invoked.

• hzadonis369

I did test based on the source code from Github, for example the portopen.c, common.h, k.h

But error message reports at my Visual Studio env: E0167 “const char *”   “S”

Does the k.h works fine at Win10 64bit env?

• davidcrossey

July 19, 2023 at 12:00 am

Yes it can be used on w64, however there are differences in terms of the libraries needed for linking: kdb/w64 at master KxSystems/kdb (github.com)

This repo: kxcontrib/capi (github.com) only supports Linux based environments. You could fork it and add Windows support yourself, or a more straight forward solution would be to setup WSL2 with a *nix distribution (such as Ubuntu), and use that environment for your local development – works with VS Code.