KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Canvas Charts – Drag to zoom

• Canvas Charts – Drag to zoom

Posted by jlucid on December 4, 2023 at 12:00 am

On version 2.1.0, I am using the “canvas chart” component to create a bar chart where the x-axis begins at zero and I have a data point at x=0.

I wish to zoom into the range from 0 to 10 on the x-axis range. If I put my cursor on 10, left click and hold, then drag from right to left, all the way to the line of the y-axis (x=0), the zoom in mechanism doesn’t trigger.

What I need to do is drag to the left to the first point after zero and then it triggers. If I drag to the left and touch the y-axis it wont zoom.  Similarly, if I click at zero and drag right it doesnt trigger, I always need to start from an x position greater than zero.

Is this expected behaviour,  or is there a config setting I need to change? I’ve been tinkering with the range settings but couldn’t find a way. I also tried switching on and off the “Begin at Zero” setting.

Thanks

jlucid replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kieran

December 11, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hey,

There is a bug here , that we are looking into.

I would recommend using ChartGL here if you can in the meantime and if you have any questions on how to config this just let me know

• jlucid

December 11, 2023 at 12:00 am

Ok no problem Kieran, thanks for looking into it