KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Capstone 2 Extracting remote data

• Capstone 2 Extracting remote data

Posted by jpandza on July 31, 2024 at 6:21 pm

Hi, I’m trying to get recertified for the developer courses and I’m currently working on capstone 2. I’m having some issues with the IPC portions of the project, namely 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6. After running ps -ef | grep 5010 in the terminal, I see no evidence of the ‘Reference data process’ being active. After running refServiceHandle: hopen `::5010 </i>or any permeations of that command, I get the error:<br><br></p><pre>evaluation error:

hop. OS reports: Connection refused</pre><p>Otherwise, I’m not sure what is wrong with my commands in the ‘extracting remote data’ portion of the capstone:<br>1.4 refServiceHandle: hopen `::5010
    1.5 refServiceHandle “getOptionsRef[uniqueOpts]”

Thank you in advance for the help.

mwoods replied 1 month, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • megan_mcp

Administrator
    August 1, 2024 at 12:56 pm

Hi @jpandza

When you say you ran “ps -ef | grep 5010″ in the terminal, can you share a screenshot of where exactly ?

All code should be ran in KX Developer, in either the scratchpad or the rendered markdown file.

Many thanks,

Megan

• jpandza

August 1, 2024 at 1:43 pm

Hi Megan,

Please see screenshot below. After opening the capstone for the first time, I run the setup command and use the scratchpad as suggested, then I proceed with the first couple of questions, but when I finally get to connecting to port 5010, the connection is refused. Then I open a new tab, choose the terminal option and enter this to see if 5010 is in use. I assume there’s an additional command I must have missed or failed to execute before. Thanks,

Jaka

• megan_mcp

Administrator
    August 1, 2024 at 2:25 pm

Hi @jpandza

So after running the ./setup.sh command in the terminal, go back to Launcher and click ‘KX Developer’.

This will launch an instance of the capstone titled ‘funds_capstone’. Open this up and inside you will find the the project.md file. All code must be ran within the scratchpad or the rendered markdown file for you to pass.

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out.

Many thanks,

Megan

• mwoods

Administrator
    August 7, 2024 at 9:53 am

@jpandza The Blocked message is correct, the capstone has been setup such that process 5010 is restricted in that it only allowes calls to 2 APIs as detailed in the instructions.