KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions chartGL not displaying data correctly when number of legend elements changes

• chartGL not displaying data correctly when number of legend elements changes

Posted by jlucid on August 22, 2023 at 12:00 am

Please see attached an example of this issue, just change the data source to another q process and press the “click” button a couple of times to reproduce.

Summary: I setup a chartGL line graph with the Color Enumeration set to the sym column of the table below, with the x and y axis set to the p and g columns, respectively. As I keep clicking the button to regenerate the chart, after a few clicks, the chart is no longer updating correctly.

For example, if you keep pressing the click button and at the same time check the table, .debug.res, on the q process, you will see that what is being displayed does not match the table. In particular, when n takes value 1, there should only be one sym in the legend list on the top of the chart, but  I am seeing seeing multiple still being displayed, probably from previous queries, so it is not fully refreshing the screen.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong here or if this is an issue

Thanks

n:first 1+1?10;
    .debug.res:([] sym:n?`2;p:n?20.0;g:n?20.0);
    .debug.res
    jlucid replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jlucid

August 22, 2023 at 12:00 am

If I replace the chartGL with a Pie chart I get the same problem, so its not a chartGL specific issue

• kieran

August 23, 2023 at 12:00 am

We will add a fix to our next release to allow the “Force Reset” option on static queries.

In the meantime, to work around this

1. switch to polling query

2. click on “Force reset”

3. switch back to static query

4. save and refresh – “Force Reset” will now be turned on in static queries

• jlucid

August 23, 2023 at 12:00 am

Thanks Kieran, that did the trick, updating as expected now