KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Crosshair line thickness

• Crosshair line thickness

Posted by jlucid on July 22, 2023 at 12:00 am

Does anyone know to increase the thickness of the crosshair vertical line when doing a playback on a chartGL?

The style->Advances Css -> Element Selector is able to highlight the cross hair  element in blue, but clicking on it does not open the component reference. I cant see any option to modify it in the side bar. I checked the Help page on charGL here, https://code.kx.com/dashboards/chartgl/, where it mentions how to enable the crosshair but cant see a reference to modifying its thickness or color.

Thanks

jlucid replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ahackett

July 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Try adding the below to your Advanced CSS, just replace the ID with your own chart ID:

[data-widgetid=”2cb3ba05-e9ba-aba6-e015-7d2340a60dea”] svg.overlay .crosshair-selected { stroke-width: 2; stroke: black; }

I will raise a ticket to fix the crosshair not being selectable.

• jlucid

Ok, looks like it was just some spacing or character issue, its working now even without the !important. So thanks for that, its looking a lot clearer now

• ahackett

Yes it should work in Dashboards Direct also, and the ticket will also apply for both. Not sure why the line didn’t work, maybe double check that the correct Advanced CSS itself saved? I’ve attached a sample dashboard here. You could also try adding an !important flag like the below

stroke-width: 2 !important;

• jlucid

Thank you, that info was very helpful.  I ran the line given, replacing the GUID with my own but it didnt seem to take effect.  So I replaced the stroke-width in the file www/modules/ChartGL_9fde571/css/app.css and that fixed it.

I don’t know why the advanced CSS didn’t work, are you testing this on Dashboards Direct or Kx Dashboards? I’m using DD so may be a difference there.

Will the ticket you raise also apply to DD?

thanks