KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Solutions Dashboard permissions using dashboard direct

• davidcrossey

August 13, 2024 at 2:24 pm

Hi Swapnil,

IIRC, you should check you have a user in the admin usergroup and ensure they aren’t also in the default restricted usergroup. The latter will direct you to the Error dashboard as that’s to prevent non-defined users (and users added to the restricted group) from accessing any of the dashboards.

See this note: https://github.com/davidcrossey/dash-direct-perms/blob/main/README.md#accessing-the-dashboards-direct-application

Cheers,

David

• Swapnil

August 14, 2024 at 12:03 am

Hi David

Thanks for your response. I played around with the config and the way I got it working is by changing the permissions of the error dashboard to restricted group.

So in dashboards.csv, if I change the below entry from

dashboard,usergroups

10ec73be-e822-7e49-1159-037697f15bf1,admin

to

dashboard,usergroups

10ec73be-e822-7e49-1159-037697f15bf1,restricted

Not sure if this is the right way, but thats the only way i have found it to be working.

• davidcrossey

August 14, 2024 at 12:53 am

Ah sorry, I’m re-reading your original post.

Your admin user lands on the Error page, because they are permissioned to view that dash, and that happens to be the dashboard in the list (.api.dashList).

You can change the ‘home’ dashboard screen to another by re-ordering the above variable for the ‘admin’ usergroup, or leave your workaround change. It just means that the ‘admin’ usergroup won’t be able to edit the Error dashboard (if you need to)

• Swapnil

August 14, 2024 at 11:57 pm

Thanks David