KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Data grid edit and increment

• Data grid edit and increment

Posted by jlucid on September 19, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi team,

I am currently using a data grid component to display and edit column values.

However, for some values which contain many decimal places, or contain a large numbers of digits, it can be prone to user error.

I have put in place validation checks within the update logic to perform some input validation but what would be very helpful is an increment up/down arrow in the cells so that the user can move the existing value up and down without typing.

The only place I have seen this increment feature is on the timestamp section box, and find it very useful.

Any ideas as to how I could achieve this?

Thanks

jlucid replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • megan_mcp

Administrator
    September 20, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi  !

Unfortunately, at the moment there’s no way to achieve this, the reason being that it would overcomplicate the already complicated datagrid configuration.

However I do recommend using dataform to edit the values for single selected row.

Thanks,

Megan

• jlucid

September 21, 2023 at 12:00 am

Thanks for confirming Megan. I was also looking at the data form but I didn’t see an increments option there. The best I could do there is provide the user with a drop down of values to select from.