KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums kdb+ Faster json converter

• Faster json converter

Posted by jlucid on October 4, 2024 at 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Anyone aware of a library I can use for converting K objects to json and vice versa?

Looking for the equivalent of .j.j and .j.k but faster.

I’ve tried out the qrapidjson library, below, which provides a function for converting K to json, and its about 3-4 times faster on my machine. The github reports it being 48x faster, but to be fair that was 8 years ago, and using an older version of kdb+. I have been testing with v4.1

I’d like to have a faster converted for json to K also, if anyone knows where I could get that? Thanks

https://github.com/lmartinking/qrapidjson%5BBR_PLACEHOLDER%5D

jlucid replied 1 week, 2 days ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jlucid

October 8, 2024 at 10:34 am

I started by creating json specific message converters using the same library and that worked very well. But then I just asked chatGPT o1-preview to write the equivalent “fromjson” general converter for me, and it worked first time. I’m shocked. I specified to convert numbers without a decimal place to floats just as .j.k does. Attached are some initial results in screenshot. Same output for test json message and faster. All that’s left to do now is submit it to gihub and claim it as my own work :). After all, I was the one who said “do this for me now please”

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  jlucid.