KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums kdb+ Financial Charting

• Financial Charting

Posted by ptech127 on March 14, 2022 at 12:00 am

I want to take a USB handset and scroll through real-time options pricing data for NYSE equities. Is this a profitable business opportunity?

ptech127 replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • davidcrossey

March 15, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi PTECH127,

Can you elaborate further on what you asking in this question?

Kind regards,

David

• ptech127

March 15, 2022 at 12:00 am

More specifically, I would like to learn how to use the Q/kdb+ console to generate a visual output consisting of a fluid array of values based upon the input of a wireless or wired gamepad. My question involves the mechanics of real-time array generation and derivative processing for the video output, and signal processing for the inputs of the handheld gamepad. Where is the material I can reference for learning these topics?

• davidcrossey

March 16, 2022 at 12:00 am

The best place to start would be code.kx.com where you will find a whole bunch of information on getting started with kdb+ and q; check out the ‘Intro Tour’ to get started.

Once familiar with the base language, you could then look into the Grammar of Graphics with KX Developer IDE to create some visualisations, then if you wanted to go a step further you could look at KX Dashboards Direct to create some dashboards for visualising the data.

Additional self-serve and on-demand training material can be found on the KX Academy and we also have a lot of useful threads across our various KX Community Discussion Boards.

Hope this helps.