KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums kdb+ Information needed for Kdb Insights Personal Edition License

• Information needed for Kdb Insights Personal Edition License

Posted by cperezln on July 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Good evening,

I am trying to work with Kdb insights in a Jupyter Notebook right now and I am finding some troubles to get it solved. I had a regular Q license what I used to used Q kernel and it worked perfectly fine, but when I started using the Insights License the kernel is not able to make the connection, and so I cannot work with it.
    The weirdest part of it is that when I use q from command line it works perfectly, but it cannot make the connection with the kernel.
    I am using Windows Subsystem Linux, in case you needed this information.
    How can I solve this?
    Kind Regards,
    Cristian P鲥z
    cperezln replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • davidcrossey

July 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi Cristian,

A bunch of questions that might help us guide you;

• What version of JuypterQ do you have?
    • What format is your licence? i.e. k[x,4,c].lic?
    • What flags have you got in your Insights lic? (Can you share your banner information here?)
    • What are your QLIC and QHOME env var pointing to?
    q).z.l "" "2024.01.13" "2024.01.13" ,"1" "insights.lib.embedq insights.lib.pykx insights.lib.sql insights.lib.qlog ins.. ,"0" ,"0" "dcrossey..." ,"0" 
    q)" " vs .z.l 4 "insights.lib.embedq" "insights.lib.pykx" "insights.lib.sql" "insights.lib.qlog" "insights.lib.kurl" "insights.lib.objstore" "insights.lib.bigquery" "insights.lib.restserver"

Have you installed your licence as per: Install kdb Insights Core – kdb products (kx.com) ?

• cperezln

July 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi David,

I have jupyterq 1.1.13 version right now.

My license is kc.lic.

The flags I have in my license are:

• “insights.lib.embedq”
    • “insights.lib.pykx”
    • “insights.lib.sql”
    • “insights.app.rt”
    • “insights.lib.qlog”
    • “insights.lib.kurl”
    • “insights.lib.objstore”
    • “insights.lib.bigquery”
    • “insights.lib.restserver”

QLIC is actually pointing to  /home/tian/anaconda3/envs/jupyterqenv/qlic and QHOME to /home/tian/anaconda3/envs/jupyterqenv/q.

If you need any further information let me know.

• cperezln

July 26, 2023 at 12:00 am

I have solved the problem so far. To use the Q kernel with the Insights license, you need to use Python 3.7. I was using Python 3.8.