KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums kdb Insights KDB Insights Enterprise Error: "Querying database using (Q) raised – Connection reset"

• KDB Insights Enterprise Error: "Querying database using (Q) raised – Connection reset"

Posted by cperezln on November 6, 2023 at 12:00 am

Good evening,

I’ve been working on KDB Insights Enterprise to build a demo and I am having problems querying the data.

Once I’ve built the pipeline and database schema (and consequently deployed it) I can query data for a while, but then I get a log fatal error (in the database, not in the pipeline). The mentioned log error is:

{ "time":"2023-11-06T11:13:03.892z", "component":"CONN", "level":"FATAL", "message":"[eod] Lost connection to eoi", "service":"eod", "container":"sm", "pod":"db-3g-sm-0" }

And I am not sure how to fix it. Any suggestion? Why is this happening?

Kind regards,

Cristian

cperezln replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gyorokpeter-kx

November 6, 2023 at 12:00 am

Can you check resource usage in your cluster? If you ingest too much data to fit into the memory of the EOI process, it will exit with a memory limit error (-w abort) and be unable to persist your data.

• cperezln

November 6, 2023 at 12:00 am

I cannot, right now I am working remotly and I have no access to the cluster.

I have two questions on that.

• How much is “too much” data? I am sending by Kafka a 32 items dictionary each second, which after the pipeline will be appended as a new row to the table (with 32 columns).
    • Is there any way on increasing the memory from Insights Enterpise itself?

Kind regards,

Cristian