KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums kdb+ KX Developer not working

• KX Developer not working

Posted by Jonathan on October 3, 2024 at 6:02 pm

I am struggling to get KX Developer working on my windows environment. I’m following the instructions but every time I try to start the developer by running the config.bat file and then the launcher.q_, I get the error message “Failed to start KX developer: Developer_home not set – run config.bat”

I tried following the troubleshooting where it suggests doing `DEVELOPER_HOME setenv,

`DEVELOPER_DATA and `DEVELOPER_PORT. This ends up working but everytime I try to create my workspace in KX Developer, I get an error saying “Cannot write to handle 1. OS reports: The parameter is incorrect”

I also don’t want to be inputting those environment variables everytime I want to load up KX Developer.

Completely lost on this so any help is appreciated

Jonathan replied 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jlucid

October 3, 2024 at 7:41 pm

The “cannot write to handle 1” error may be permissions related. Confirm that the folder pointed to by DEVELOPER_DATA has proper write permissions. Perhaps that is why it cannot create the workspace in that folder.

Run: echo %DEVELOPER_DATA% (to check the variable is set correctly)

Then echo Message > “%DEVELOPER_DATA%\test.txt”.

to confirm that you can write a file to that location, or if it throws an error.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  jlucid.
  • Jonathan

October 4, 2024 at 7:28 pm

Ended up being a firewall issue. Thanks for the response.