KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Need to Reset My Capstone project – its not working as it should Inbox

• Need to Reset My Capstone project – its not working as it should Inbox

Posted by modish0161 on June 21, 2024 at 4:34 pm

I am Currently on 97% completion of modules for the KDB+/Q Developer level 2 Course.

I am on the Capstone2 project and need to reset it, i have messed up the messages.csv and can not work around it.

i have tried to create new workspace, scrubb the files to see if i can reset to no avail.

Could you hard reset it from your side.?

Could you give me a call to discuss the problem?

Kind Regards

Matt

need to get it sorted as i cannot move forward with the modules and i am two far down the road, to set up a new user on a new email..

modish0161 replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Laura

Administrator
    June 24, 2024 at 8:27 am

Hi Matt,

I can reset your server no problem, can you confirm you have saved any code you need to before I go ahead?

I edited your post to remove your phone number as this is a public forum and you should not share any personal information.

If you need to reach the team directly you can email communitymanager@kx.com.

Thanks,

Laura

• modish0161

June 24, 2024 at 7:55 pm

Laura, that is brilliant, its just the Capstone Project at the end, i need to rest, would this be a problem?as i have completed all the other parts of Level and do not want them to be scrubbed as its good to look at them if i need to go back on anything…

Thanks a million.

(I have attached photo of what is nee to be done on the reset)

Kind Regards

Matt

• modish0161

June 24, 2024 at 8:01 pm

I have saved the code as well

Thanks again

• Luis

June 25, 2024 at 12:31 pm

I had this issue too, it can also be fixed if you have someone to send you an original messages.csv to paste in and overwrite the changed one.

• modish0161

June 25, 2024 at 9:40 pm

Thanks for reaching out Luis, Will see how it goes with them resetting it.

Thanks again

• Laura

Administrator
    June 26, 2024 at 12:15 pm

Hi @modish0161 ,

Apologies for the delay.

I relaunched your server and ran the setup script for the Level 2 capstone project which set up a new workspace within Developer called funds_capstone.

If you select that new workspace when you open the sandbox, you should be able to start from scratch in it.

I did all this for the account under your gmail, if this isn’t the correct account please private message me the correct email address and I can do the same for it.

Let me know how you get on.

Laura

• modish0161

June 26, 2024 at 6:18 pm

That’s great Laura,

Same email is perfect, will give this a go now this evening.

Thanks again,

Matt