KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions overwritten event callback function does not work

• overwritten event callback function does not work

Posted by leguan on March 22, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I am doing a  small project which monitors all in-coming connections to kx-platform? and customized biz logic would be executed through call-back functions.

I overwrote several event callback functions according to https://code.kx.com/platform/stream/messaging/#event-callbacks, load them to q process along with a customized a INSTANCE_CONFIG file.

Taking .dm.cb.connect for example,  after hopen is called from a caller process, overwritten function should be called and corresponding logging messages should have been printed out, yet it seems overwritten function did not work. It is the same to other overwritten functions. Please let me know if you have any thoughts , thank you!

best,

leguan

leguan replied 2 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • leguan

March 25, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hello Everyone,   the attached is exported package which includes a single example that shows the basic idea of this post.   Please have a try (rename the attachment to pkg_evntCallBck.zip and import this into kxplatform) and let me know if you can make overwritten function works

There are two instances in this example, both of them loads overwritten event call back functions during start up.  A test case could be:  hopen from one to the other and observe whether event functions are called.

best,

leguan