KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Path not found error when launching sandbox

• Path not found error when launching sandbox

Posted by Laura on June 29, 2023 at 12:00 am

I am getting this error when clicking “Launch KX Sandbox” from the KX academy courses.

The path: /user/<my email>/lab/qbies.png was not found. JupyterLab redirected to: /user/<my email>/

I am unable to access the course because of this. It was working the day before, so I don’t know what has changed. Does anyone know any fixes? I have cleared my cache and tried on different browsers.

Laura replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Laura

Administrator
    June 30, 2023 at 12:00 am

The problem has seemed to resolved itself today.

If anyone can explain why this was happening it would be appreciated, for future reference.

• Laura

Administrator

Hi – the error was happening when I tried to open a notebook that I had not accessed before, such as memory management and query optimization or Parallelization. 

I do not have a screenshot of the error happening, the best description I have of it is that after I clicked “Launch KX Sandbox”, the page went through the normal loading process (went white, progress bar showed up and disappeared) and at the point the jupyter notebook logo showed, the given error (The path: /user/<my email>/lab/qbies.png was not found. JupyterLab redirected to: /user/<my email>/) appeared and sent me to that default directory where I could access previously opened notebooks.

If it happens again I will document with screenshots.

Thank you

• Laura

Administrator

Thanks for the detail. The Memory Management and Parallelization courses provide content on KX Developer rather than Jupyter Notebooks. These do not auto launch upon clicking the ‘Launch KX Sandbox’ button – they require some additional manual steps by the user as documented in the README that opens.

I still would not expect to see the behaviour you described following these steps, so if it does appear again please let us know and some screenshots would be great.

Thanks,

Michaela