KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Reconnecting Kx Sandbox

• Reconnecting Kx Sandbox

Posted by jetz on January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am

The Kx online course is very helpful. Thank you for putting up such a great tool. One question: I usually left the jupyter notebook there to reconnect to continue course next day, but I often had either server error or taking long time to reconnect. Is there a way to quickly reconnect? Thanks.

jetz replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Laura

Administrator
    January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi jetz,

Thank you for checking out the Academy and KX Sandbox!

The sandboxes are only provisioned for a limited time ( less than 24hours) so if you are working on something we recommend you download at end of day and reupload the file when you come back to work on it in a new sandbox. Guidance below on how to provision a clean new sandbox if you are seeing errors.

I cant login with learn.kx.com/KX Sandbox? 

To debug connection Issues with learn.kx.com you should try the following actions:

• Clear caches & cookies and try again
    • Try in launching sandbox from a different incognito/private browsing mode in another browser provider. Note we recommend always running learn.kx.com in incognito/private browsing mode as it is less error prone
    • Some clients (usually high security banks) will have learn.kx.com blocked – suggest user tries on their own personal PC

Let us know if this helps and if you have any further issues.

Thanks,

Michaela

• jetz

January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi Michaela,

You are right. Incognito mode is the way to go. In fact I had to go through the following steps:

1. Launch sandbox from incognito mode

2. Sandbox stuck at 90% for a long time, and eventually reached 100% but returned 404 error.

3. Close the browser window, re-launch sandbox again, it shows up jupyter notebook.

All is good now. Thanks.