KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Title: Capstone Project Issue | 3. Data Analytics and Reporting | No such file or directory

• Title: Capstone Project Issue | 3. Data Analytics and Reporting | No such file or directory

Posted by venu on May 5, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi,

I have created the following file as part of Capstone Project  using the commands given below.  Looks like the file been successfully created in expected folder as its visible on KX Project Development environement (screenshot attached)

/developer-1.5.0-linux/workspace/__nouser__/funds_capstone/ORIG_HOME/badTrades.csv

save `:ORIG_HOME/badTrades.csv
    hsym `$ORIG_HOME"/badTrades.csv"

However,  the test 3.4 is keep failing with the below error.  How can we check what exactly is missing and how it can be resolved?

–> Error

>> exercise3.4 Fail “abort” “abort in before block due to error “/developer-1.5.0-linux/workspace/__nouser__/funds_capstone/badTrades.csv. OS reports: No such file or directory””

venu replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Laura

Administrator
    May 5, 2022 at 12:00 am

Hi Venu,

The issue here is likely to do with the filepath. When i try to resolve what you have above first without using save you can see what the filepath is.

q)`:ORIG_HOME/badTrades.csv

`:ORIG_HOME/badTrades.csv // ORIG_HOME is a variable so needs to be joined accordingly q)hsym `$ORIG_HOME”/badTrades.csv”

`:d n // this is closer! just missing the join operator between the first and second part..

You can check out the Working with Files module to learn more about creating filepaths and using hsym.

I will add a hint below if you are still stuck – hope this helps.

save `$ORIG_HOME,”/badTrades.csv”

Thanks,

Michaela