KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums kdb Insights Unable to import keras in Scratchpad

• Unable to import keras in Scratchpad

Posted by patrickds on November 8, 2023 at 12:00 am

I’m trying to follow the tutorial to kdb insights Enterprise, but when executing the python code to copy-paste in the scratchpad, I get the following error in the System Notifications:

Error: Executing code using (Python) raised – ImportError(‘dynamic module does not define module export function (PyInit_xml)’)

I tried to narrow it down, and it seems that if I just write in the scratchpad

import keras

I get the same error. So apparently keras is not installed.

What should I do? Is there a problem with the tutorial, or am I missing a step? I tried to follow it to the letter, but keras wasn’t mentioned anywhere.

patrickds replied 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Laura

Administrator
    November 10, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi  ,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated this. We raised it with the team internally and it turns out there is an issue with that specific bit of functionality.

The team will work to get a fix and update the documentation accordingly.

Thanks for flagging!

Laura

• Laura

Administrator
    November 22, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi ,

Can I just confirm what version of Insights you were using, and how you had deployed it? Was it the Free Trial?

Thanks,

Laura

• sdempsey

December 12, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting this. We’ve found the root cause of this issue and merged some changes to fix it. These fixes will be in our upcoming 1.8.0 release and patched into previous releases.