KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.
KX Community Guidelines

Home Forums KX Academy Advanced Capstone: Unable to run setup.sh script

• Advanced Capstone: Unable to run setup.sh script

Posted by Luis on June 23, 2024 at 6:54 pm

Hi there,

I’m currently getting an error when running setup scripts (I’ve tried both advanced IPC and the capstone). Please see screenshot attached.

I’ve restarted my environment multiple times but hasn’t seemed to fix the isue

• This discussion was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  Luis.
    • This discussion was modified 3 days, 11 hours ago by  Luis.
    Laura replied 2 days, 7 hours ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Luis

June 23, 2024 at 9:17 pm

this also seems to affect things like getting the raceDay.csv

• Luis

June 24, 2024 at 10:59 am

I believe this is affecting passing the test for the final IPC question too:

Please note that all tests pass besides *exercise3.6 Fail “fiauser can run one function” “sensor” *

Thanks for any assistance possible

• This reply was modified 3 days, 11 hours ago by  Luis.
  • Laura

Administrator
    June 24, 2024 at 12:03 pm

Hi @luis ,

I am able to replicate this issue on the advanced IPC lesson, thank you for letting us know! I will investigate this further and get back to you as soon as it is resolved.

As for the advanced capstone, I’m not able to replicate the issue within that sandbox.

Are you sure you’re navigating out of the course-advanced-ipc directory and into the course-advanced-capstone directory? (it may default to opening in the ipc directory if you are working in a few different sandboxes)

If you haven’t run the setup script for the capstone, you are right that you won’t be able to complete some parts of the project as there will be data etc missing.

Let me know if you’re able to get it running, ensuring you are in the course-advanced-capstone directory in the terminal.

Thanks,

Laura

• Luis

June 24, 2024 at 12:31 pm

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your message. I’ve just retried and the setup.sh script ran just fine 🙂 I believe I was in the correct directory (as would have run using ./setup.sh) although I could have been doing something wrong.

• Luis

June 24, 2024 at 1:14 pm

Hi Laura,

Do you have any information on the sensor banner that appears when I try to run the fia api call in the screenshot comment? All my other tests pass and I cannot find any problems with my code.

I don’t know if this forum could be relevant. I’ve attempted to run the database commands but am having a hard time managing to get them into a string for the IPC

https://learninghub.kx.com/forums/topic/advanced-capstone-3-2-and-3-6-tests-failing/?no_frame=1

Many thanks,

Luis

• This reply was modified 3 days, 9 hours ago by  Luis.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 9 hours ago by  Luis.
  • Luis

June 24, 2024 at 3:56 pm

Issue fixed using these commands to reload databases on hdbH process:

They wouldn’t work using hdbH due to the password and .z.pg (even after expunging) but ran ok using the jmurphy handle given in the question

https://learninghub.kx.com/forums/topic/advanced-capstone-3-6-test-fail-error-sensor/

• This reply was modified 2 days, 14 hours ago by  Luis.
  • Laura

Administrator
    June 24, 2024 at 4:15 pm

Hi @luis ,

Glad to see you got sorted!

Any other issues don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Laura

• Luis

June 25, 2024 at 8:23 am

Many thanks Laura.

I submitted yesterday at about 4.30 PM GMT. I haven’t seen a certificate and was just wondering if it could still be on the way? Or I could resubmit?

• Laura

Administrator
      June 25, 2024 at 4:00 pm

Hi @luis,

Apologies, the system we use for automatically sending out the passcodes is currently down, thank you for flagging this so we caught it!

I have manually issued your passcode email now, congratulations!

Any other issues please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Laura