KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums kdb+ What to do when sym file is corrupted for partitioned table?

• What to do when sym file is corrupted for partitioned table?

Posted by thatoneswan on August 3, 2023 at 12:00 am

What to do when Sym file is corrupted?  Additionally, how do you enumerate on a partitioned table?

thatoneswan replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Laura

Administrator
    August 4, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi ,

Can you tell me more about your set up? This is just your own personal system, and not a production instance correct? Do you have a backup sym file? Back up the sym file – Kdb+ and q documentation (kx.com)

For enumeration, I would recommend reading Working with sym files | White Papers | Kdb+ and q documentation (kx.com)

There is also a course on the KX Academy on Enumeration with examples and practical guidance: KX Academy

Hope this helps,

Laura

• thatoneswan

August 7, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hypothetically lets assume a production instance.  I’m trying to look for the back up.  Unfortunately, I’m placed in a situation where a kdb I didn’t build was dumped in my lap with minimal documentation

• Laura

Administrator
    August 7, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi  ,

Was the data fed through a tickerplant? Are there TP logs you could replay? Data recovery for kdb+tick | Kdb+ and q documentation
    Is it real-time data and therefore still coming into the system and trying to update a broken sym file?

The reason I asked about production vs personal is that if you are an enterprise customer, you can access customer support here for more direct help Software Support | KX
    However, for advice on a truly hypothetical production issue, feel free to answer the above and I can advise from there

Laura