KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Academy Advanced Capstone 3.6 need help

• Advanced Capstone 3.6 need help

Posted by aevar on October 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hello, I have been stuck on this 3.6 for a while now. I have seen all the other threads related to this exercise but can’t seem to solve it.

Here is my .z.pg code and the error I am getting.

hdbH”.z.pg:{permission:.perm.users[.z.u;`api];test:.perm.parseQuery[x];$[permission~`all;value x;($[test~permission;value x;:`notAuthorized])]}”

https://community.kx.com/t5/KX-Academy/Advanced-Capstone-3-6-exercise-help/m-p/14490

@fbibolottiThat is likely your issue – load the entire database rather than individual tables.

Comment from linked thread:
    “I ended up resolving this problem, it was a very easy fix.  Rather than loading each table individually into the remote process (what I did), the database simply needs to be reloaded through the connection handle using “l .”  Ensure that you are loading into the correct file path (I had to change directory down to the “f1″ folder).  Hope this helps anyone else who ran into the same issue.”

From reading the above, it seems that I have to load the database in the remote process but I don’t think I am loading it with the right syntax.

hdbH:hopen `::5099 hdbH “load `:/home/jovyan/developer/workspace/__nouser__/adv_capstone/f1” hdbH “get `:/home/jovyan/developer/workspace/__nouser__/adv_capstone/f1”

Any help would be much appreciated.

aevar replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • megan_mcp

Administrator
    October 24, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi  !

From what I can see your .z.pg code works fine. The issue, as you mentioned, is your code for loading in the database.

Can you try replacing your lower two hdbH statements with:

hdbH"\l f1"
    hdbH"tables[]"

Line 1 is what the user described in the post you tagged – ‘l’ meaning load and ‘f1’ being the directory.

Let me know if this works!

Thanks,

Megan

• aevar

October 25, 2023 at 12:00 am

Hi

Thanks very much for the help. I got it solved and submitted the project to receive the certificate.