KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Negative floats causing issues with range slider component

• Negative floats causing issues with range slider component

Posted by laura on July 6, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi All,

Im having an issue with the Range Slider component. It seems to have incorrect behaviour when dealing with negatives, in my case, floats.

Below is 2 examples of range sliders. They are identical apart from the fact that the data source for the slider on the left has filter; where X >= 0.

The slider on the left behaves as expected however the slider on the right has its draggable element locked to the far right. The draggable element will not move upon interaction.

This is the data source for the slider:

I am only using the Selected Min Value and Selected Max Value view states as outputs of the slider.

The x axis type is configured as Number

laura replied 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • laura

Administrator
    July 7, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi Tom!

At a glance, is it possible that the Selected Min/Max values actually constrain the range of the slider? (e.g. if the range doesn’t include all values in the data source the component doesn’t work correctly)

If not, my first step in debugging this would be to replicate it in a new dashboard (i.e. just setup a range slider or two with with the same data sources) as this can sometimes make the issue very apparent when you’re setting it up the second time. If it DOES still occur post the xml for that test dashboard here and someone might be able to debug the issue from that.

Kind regards,

Josh

• laura

Administrator
    July 7, 2021 at 12:00 am

Thanks for the reply Josh,

I was able to replicate the issue in a blank Dashboard with Min/Max Selected view states within the range of the data source too.

I cant attach the XML as the website is saying the file type is not supported. Do you have an email address or something I can send it to?

• laura

Administrator
    July 8, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi Tom,

Try using pastebin for pasting the xml, thats how I got around attaching my logs on one of my threads