KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Academy Not able to access scratchpad or run q code in project.md when using capstone sandbox

• Not able to access scratchpad or run q code in project.md when using capstone sandbox

Posted by laura on February 22, 2024 at 12:00 am

Hi,

I started working through the course at the start of the year but did not finish, now when I launch the sandbox and go through the set up there is no way to open the funds-capstone workspace, open the tools tab to open a scratch pad or interact with the project.md under “// your code here”. Maybe my environment needs to be reset so I could start fresh?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

laura replied 2 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • laura

Administrator
    February 23, 2024 at 12:00 am

You may have missed the previous steps I believe?  Specifically step 5? You need to launch KX developer from the Launcher window after running the setup script to launch the capstone.

I did try myself on your session logging in as admin – and was able to access without issue.

• laura

Administrator

Hi
    are you following the steps in the README.md? Which step do you get stuck at? If you can send screenshot that would be useful.

• laura

Administrator

Hi Michaela,

I can’t seems to open the “funds_capstone” workspace in step 6. I attached a screenshot of the project.md and you can see I don’t to run code under the line “// your code here”. Also I can’t open the scratchpad like in the video. I noticed I can open and run the notebooks for Atoms and it allows me input q code.
    I did start the course back at the start of January and recently picked it up again if that might be causing issues.