KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions Unable to create alert instance: type error

• Unable to create alert instance: type error

Posted by laura on July 14, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hello,

I have two machines here, one running KX 4.6.0P7 and another running KX 4.6.1P3. I am trying to create a new alert instance and I keep getting a type error message (see image) when i click on the save button.

This happens even if I try to create an instance for an empty alert definition. This never happened before with me and looks a lot like a bug. Does anyone have any insights on this?

Cheers,

Adriano

laura replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • leahs

July 20, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hello,

Thank you for being an active member of the KX Community. We are delighted to have you. Your contribution and engagement is very much appreciated.

Thank you for bringing this point to our attention. I have some relevant information to share with you.

This issue was first recognized by the KX Team in the 4.6.0P7 environment. It was then rectified in the 4.6.0P8 environment. A solution would be to install 4.6.0P8. If you install P8, we recommend that you clear cache/cookies/browser history before you proceed. It should then work in 4.6.0P8.

With regards to the bug still existing in 4.6.0P7, I will add this to our feedback board.

Thank you again for your contribution to content on the KX Community. We hope it will continue to be a fun and engaging place to enhance your overall KX experience.

Kind regards,

Leah