KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums KX Solutions What are the permissions needed to see the Action Tracker dashboard on KX Dashboards?

• What are the permissions needed to see the Action Tracker dashboard on KX Dashboards?

Posted by laura on June 25, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi all I have setup a new user group and a new user to test a few things without being an Administrator. One of the things I want to test is the Action Tracker dashboard permissions. My problem is: I don’t know what are the specific entities that I have to adjust the permissions so the Action Tracker dashboard works for my new user.

For example, if I am logged as Administrator, everything works fine as expected:

However, if I log in as my new user without proper permissions, i get a message saying the Action Tracker processes are not running correctly !?!?

Is there anyone out there who has some insight on this?

Cheers,
    Adriano

laura replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • sstantoncook

June 29, 2021 at 12:00 am

Hi Adriano,

Is your new user in a User Group yet and if so what AdminAPI’s have been applied to the group?

They’ll need to be apart of the ActionTrackerUsers group to have items re-assignable to them and have the ActionTrackerAPI to interact with the Action Tracker (also applied via the ActionTrackerUsers group.

Cheers,

Sam

• laura

Administrator
    June 29, 2021 at 12:00 am

Ah ha!
    I knew it would be something silly like that.
    My user is in a group that i created called wombatDevTest. Adding my user to the ActionTrackerUsers group did the trick and now I can see the Action Tracker dashboard.

In case you are wondering what AdminAPIs are applied to wombatDevTest, here they are:

Thanks