KX Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our KX Community around the world.

Home Forums kdb+ What does t (neg h)"command"; h"command" return?

• What does t (neg h)"command"; h"command" return?

Posted by michaeljames on February 10, 2023 at 12:00 am

Happy Friday all, had a few questions about the mechanics of IPC: 1. Are IPC messages sent in a FIFO (first in, first out) queue? For example, say I am a client sending IPC messages m1, m2, m3 in that order to a server. Will the server process m1, m2, m3 in that same order? 2. Is the above true whether the messages are sync or async? 3. I’ll define some variables to make discussing the following points easier:Let x represent some command or data, which when processed by q yields output f(x). Let t1 = time for client to send “x” Let t2 = time for server to calculate f(x) Let t3 = time for client to receive f(x) If I enter into the q console,t h”x” Is the result t1 + t2 + t3 ? 4. What of async calls:t (neg h)”x” Is the result simply t1? 5. This is more interesting – if we send several async calls, then a sync call, t do[10;(neg h)”x”]; h”x” What is this? Is it 10*(t1+t2), for the 10 async calls, plus t1+t2+t3, for the last sync call? Kind regards, Michael

michaeljames replied 2 months, 1 week ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.